- Heat the BBQ to high and rub the fish with the vegetable oil
- Season with salt and pepper and place the lemon grass and kaffir lime leaf’s in the cavity of the fish
- Place the fish confidently on the grill and let it seal for 2 minutes without disturbing it.
- Once sealed nicely on once side with plenty of colour, turn the fish over using the head as the grabbing point with the tongs.
- Once turned, close the lid of the BBQ and cook on a medium heat for 10-15 minutes depending on size.
- Check if the fish is cooked by finding the thickest part of the flesh and pull it away from the backbone, if it comes away cleanly its cooked.
- Place on the serving platter your serving one and liberally cover with the cashew pesto, then top with the picked herbs, sliced chilli, and wedges of lime.
1 whole snapper- 3-4 kg- scaled and cleaned (If pink snapper is not available, use any other larger white fish)
2 tbsp. cotton seed oil
2 stalks lemons grass
5 kaffir lime leaf’s
Small bunch coriander
1 red chilli sliced
1 small bunch mint
Salt and pepper
Spiced cashew pesto
1 cup lightly roasted cashews
2 garlic cloves
1 coriander leaves picked
¼ cup mint leaves picked
1 small birds rye chilli or ¼ large red chilli
¼ cup fish sauce
¼ cup light brown sugar
2 Limes Juiced