- Place 1 piece of halloumi followed by 1 cocktail onion followed by one piece of carrot on a bamboo skewer.
- Repeat the process so you have 2 pieces of each ingredient on a skewer, then dress the remaining skewers and set them aside.
- To make the dressing place the almonds and butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook until the butter starts to foam and turns brown.
- Add the honey and bring everything to the boil.
- Reduce the liquid by half, then add the vinegar and lemon juice and reduce by two thirds.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Once cool, add the olive oil.
- To serve heat the BeefEater® BBQ to medium high heat.
- Once hot lightly oil the skewers then char grill until the halloumi is golden.
- Arrange on a serving platter and dress with the honey and almond dressing.
- 12 pieces of halloumi cut into approximately 2cm cubes
- 24 cocktail pickle onions
- 12 heirloom carrots caramelised in honey and butter, then cut into 2cm lengths
- 12 x 15 cm bamboo skewers
- 125g almonds chopped
- 50g butter
- 1 tablespoon chardonnay vinegar
- juice of 1 lemon
- 100ml olive oil