- Score the top side of the lamb leg in a crisscross pattern, ½ cm deep and at 1cm intervals.
- Combine the pomegranate molasses rub ingredients in a large bowl. Add the lamb and turn to coat, pressing into the scored top. Set aside 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the potatoes in a large saucepan of boiling salted water for 15 minutes until just tender. Drain well.
- Grease the grill well. Place a drip disposable drip tray under the centre of the grill and then preheat the BBQ on high turning all the burners on. Place the lamb skin side down over the drip tray and BBQ for 10 minutes, turning to seal the lamb all over. Turn the burners off under the lamb so the BBQ is cooking by indirect cooking. Lower the hood and cook for 1 hour 20 minutes for medium (or 25 minutes per 500g for medium) or until cooked to your liking. Remove to a board, cover and rest 20 minutes.
- While the lamb is standing, place the potatoes into a roasting pan, drizzle with oil and season. Place onto the BBQ, BBQ for 20 minutes, turning after 10 minutes, until golden and crisp.
- Slice the lamb and serve with tzatziki and potatoes.
- 1.75kg easy carve lamb leg
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1kg chat potatoes
- 2 tbs olive oil
- Mint tzatziki, to serve
Pomegranate Molasses Rub
- 1/3 cup pomegranate molasses (see tip)
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbs grated fresh ginger
- 1 tbs ground cumin
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt flakes, crushed
- 1/4 tsp black pepper