- Clean octopus, removing insides of head, beak and eyes.
- Cut off tentacles from the body
- Place a piece of baking paper on a sheet of heavy-duty foil or make a double layer of foil.
- Place all ingredients (Octopus, lemon & juice, Oregano, and olive oil) onto the foil and baking paper, fold into an envelope making sure that the it seals very well, and no liquid can escape.
- Place on pre heated Beefeater hot plate for 10 – 12 minutes, you will see steam coming from the joins, it’s doing its thing.
- Open the foil parcel, carefully, place the octopus on the pre-heated chargrill, this will not take long. Looking for some nice char marks.
- Cut into smaller pieces or just leave the legs whole and serve with lemon wedges and oregano leaves.
• Peel of one lemon (use a veg peeler to remove)
• Juice of 1 lemon
• 1 whole lemon cut into wedges for serving.
• Oregano leaves and stalks
• Sea salt to season
• Cracked black pepper to taste
• 1 chopped chilli (optional)
• Olive Oil